Thursday, July 13, 2017

June by Miranda Beverly-Whittemore


"June" by Miranda Beverly-Whittemore is a well-written, suspenseful novel that places the main character, Cassie, in her grandmother's (June's) once-grand home that is now decaying.  While there, Cassie has vivid dreams of the people that once lived there, learns of her grandmother's secret past, inherits a fortune from a movie star who ends up being her true grandfather, and learns of a murder that happened 60 years prior.

Although the story was good, I had a hard time getting in to it.  Also, for me, the "romance" parts were more than what I prefer.  I normally like to share books with my 16 year old daughter, but won't be doing that with this one.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment