Monday, July 1, 2013

Welcome to Mrs. Sutton Reads

I am an avid reader.

There is something so incredible about holding a book... a real book with a real cover and with real pages... in my hands.  I love the feel of the pages, the colors of the book cover, and how they look stacked on my night stand, on my bookshelves, on top of my desk, on the living room end table(s)...

I am a book junkie.  It's true.  Please tell me there aren't 12 step programs for people like me that have piles of books...everywhere.  I don't want to get help for my addiction!

I must say, that I'm not a fan of e-reading, although my hubby wishes I was.  Yes, I suppose that book did cost a tree but did anyone ever consider all the Kindles, Nooks, and other gadgets that are already in landfills across America?  Not to mention the batteries!  Oh, don't get me started!

Well, whichever way you prefer to read your books, I thought I'd start a new blog that dealt solely with the books I have read.  My other blog, Victory Homemaking, is an eclectic collection of recipes, homeschooling and family ideas, menus, health concerns, and whatever sparkly thing that happens to catch my eye at the time...including lots of book reviews.

I hope we'll have a good time together.  And while you are waiting for the next book review, just in case you are interested, click on over to Victory Homemaking for book reviews I've given in the past.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment